Authors, where do you create?
Dan talks about how many authors that he meets struggle to create. “They can’t get in a good writing routine, and other important priorities (job, family, home) distract them from writing.” He faced this himself and talks about how he addressed this challenge.
Dan identifies the following goals authors should have for their “creative space”:
- Provide clarity on what you need to do.
- Remove you from distraction.
- Incentivize you to create.
- Remove all barriers to entry for getting started.
- Have all of the tools you need at the ready.
You can read the entire article here. Authors, it is definitely worth taking some time to read and reflect on the impact where you are creating is having on your business. As Dan points out, perhaps you are not in a position to have a dedicated “creative space”, but maybe you can improve your virtual space.
What about you? Where do you create and how is that impacting your books and your business.